Friday, November 30, 2007

Ellie Is Coming To Work With Me... One Way Or Another!
Ok, so I am sitting at work pouring up samples and lost in my own thoughts and out of nowhere there is, it is like a cancer! It is still here as I type this. There must be a name for it other than just loosing my mind and if you know what it is... Please, I beg you, let me know! Before I tell you what is going on let me backtrack and tell you why I think it is happening.
I am a talk radio junkie, I admit it!! I listen to it in the morning going to work and in the afternoon on my way home and if I could listen to it all day, I would! It's ok, I have comes to terms with the fact that I am a nerd and I think that I am fine with that! (Don't worry, this does have to do with Ellie.) I don't watch the news, too depressing and violent and I am just too damn busy! I have just started reading the news paper (there is one at work) but I will say I am a bit of a gossip junkie and a fan of the fluff stories so I stick to the Today, Live!, and Taste sections. And on a rare occasion I may flip to the Maryland section only because a cover story caught my eye. It is not that I am not informed or that I am shallow but lets face it... there are a lot of bad things going on out there and sometimes ignorance is bliss! So my friends, that is why I like talk radio. There are opinions, warm and fuzzies, and also the news on the war, the presidential candidates, economy, and so much more (see I am informed)! And in this fast paced world it is multitasking, not only are you going somewhere but you are more informed once you get there.
Now that I have explained my position, I will tell you why my talk radio bit me in the butt today. As I was saying... Lost in my own thoughts when there it was... "Lights, Camera, Action, Wiggles, Welcome to out TV show..." in my head. Over, over, and over again!! And it is still there!! Maybe if I listened to pop 40s radio like most other people one of those catchy tune would be in my head instead of those clever Aussie songs.
But instead, here I sit, humming along with that tune I hear every morning before we leave because I really do like to watch Ellie wiggle along. Here is my choice... Do I deny the joys in my life (talk radio and a happy toddler) to feel a little sanity each day or do just accept the remedial feeling I get when humming along to children's song in the adult world? I say sing on Captain Feather-sword and watch out Hanna Montanan I am sure I will know your songs before long!!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Ahhh, yes, you have fallen into the Wiggles transe...but that may be better than using Grover phrases at work like, "I'm ready for action." or Dora, "You did it, hooray!" It is easy to try to ignore it, until another parents starts snickering and says, "Ok, Grover." Embarrassing.