Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Big Girl
Well, now Ellie is officially a toddler. She is full of spunk, curiosity, wonder, and determination; I couldn't imagine her any other way. She is resilient, tough, strong (in more than one way), and smart as a whip! Every day she amazes me in new ways (and not always for the best). She is caring and compassionate and knows the best time to give a hug or a kiss, now it may be a drooly one, but hey, it doesn't bother me at all, sometimes they are the best! I won't bother to rewrite what I said last year even though I still feel the same but this year only more! Oh, and she makes the best animal noises ever!! We are working on using the potty like a big girl and Ellie has stopped using a sippy cup almost all together (usually in the car and when running crazy in the house). She is an avid nose picker and most of the time I can get the boogies into a tissue. She can run, in a very sassy way I might add, and jump, and go up and down the stairs on her own! We are starting to work on a bike now! She can count to 9 on her own and say some of the alphabet. We are still working on our colors but blue is the old standby. When you ask her a question that she doesn't know the answer to she will put her index finger on her chin and "Hhhmmm" loudly and look around as though looking for the answer. We are working on getting dressed on our own. And where dinnertime used to be very messy, it still is! She has gotten rather picky about her food but when she is hungry she can eat the whole house!!
You would be a fool to believed me if I said that the past year has been easy, it hasn't! Parenthood is full of responsibilities but I guess that is a no-brainer. But what I wasn't expecting was that I need her as much as she needs me! I will tell you what I tell her every night... "Baby, I love you more than the world itself" and I have never felt more strongly about something in my whole life!
Next year will bring new challenges and adventures just like every other year. I don't know if I am ready for all of them but I think that we are both as ready as we will ever be so wish us luck! Here we go...

No comments: