Wednesday, July 04, 2007


We had a big day today... Parades, street fests, and cook-outs... Oh my!!

Lots of fresh air to be had by all and a beautiful day was an added bonus!! I have to admit that it does take a lot for me to tear up, well, I did at the parade. I wasn't sad, they were happy tears!! I think that I was just so happy to be sharing this with Ellie... her first parade and the joy and amazement in her eyes. I saw it through her eyes and it was pretty awesome!!

Ellie at the Greensboro parade all dressed up in her patriotic best!

Big man on a little car. Ellie had a blast seeing all of the marching bands, floats, and entertainers!

She even got her own flag thanks to the Boy Scouts!

Here is one of the bands we listened to at the Fun on Fourth street fest. They are a dixie land band and she really enjoyed them. She creid every time we tried to walk and see other things!

Well, this is exactually what it looks like... Ellie on a port-a-potty. Aside from the normal things that you would think of when thinking about the jobs of a single parent (morning routines, dicipline, and getting it all done with just two hands) there are the added hurdles, you know the ones you don't plan on. Well, I hit a big one this weekend... What do you do when the only toilets available at an outdoor event are port-a-pottys and you have a toddler who is potty training and a stroller and only two hands? Well lucky for me they had a handicap port-a-potty so the stroller issue was solved so I didn't need that extra set of eyes. Now on to the "Mama, pee-pee" issue, as you can see about 15 layers of toilet tissue was applied to the seat in hopes that it would shield her hiney and then you take a deep breath and keep telling her not to touch ANYTHING!!! We made it through without any mishaps or rashes and I will keep holding my breath until we hit the next hurdle, wish me luck!!

Ellie at the street fest with some colonial actors.

Lunch to go... on the potty. Before you say anything, it was all her idea, let's call it multi-tasking at its best. On her way into the bathroom, she grabbed her lunch plate and ran on in. They say to choose your battles and I figured that I would just let this one slide!

T-ball lessons from Uncle Michael. She caught on pretty quick... So smart!!

Grandma Deb and Ellie in the backyard.

Crazy Daisy was a hit and I am not just saying that because she is running around like a crazy lady with a bat in her hands!

"Mr. Joel, please fix my shoe. Thanks!!"

Ellie and the puppies buzzing in the backyard.

"Aunt Jess, no shoes!"

Relaxing on the lounger!

Grandpa Jer teaching Ellie the fine points of yard work. So, I wonder if Grandpa has ever heard of child labor laws??

No comments: