Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sick Ellie
As I write this I can say with great confidence that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Of course Ellie is back at daycare and almost 100% better and I am just now begining to catch up on a weeks worth of lost sleep. It was a long haul but we all made it and I am sure that we are all better for it. She had viral toncilitis / flu for almost a week. We had highs and lows. By highs I mean temps (105-106) and by lows I mean moods!!

She was actually content to just hang out with me on the floor while I read and she watched her stories. As you can see toys and juice are close at hand. Schatzie was loving on her every chance that she got to try to make Ellie feel better. What a good girl!!
You can tell she is not feeling good, this is the only time that she will be a cuddle bug. I know Bill was eating up every minute!! As much as I wanted to take her sick away and have it myself, it was nice to have her just curl up on you and nap!
I don't know which was worse, the four straight days of fever or the rash that followed! I felt so bad for her, this photo doesn't do it any justice. She was covered in red bumps and sh ejust cried and iched. Bill and I joked that she looked like her favorite Backyardigan character, Uniqua. On Monday we went back to the doctor and he said to try Benadhryl. It worked, she stopped itching and we all slept... happily ever after (or until the next sickness)!

1 comment:

drlysse said...

Ellie is such a lucky girl to have such great parents!! You both did a great job getting through her flu