Friday, July 21, 2006

Ellie is growing so much and changing everyday. She can walk better today than she could last weekend! And of all the new things that she is picking up there was a new one this week that really got to me.
Tuesday when I dropped her off at school it was like any other day. We put her bottles in the fridge and set her food on the counter and slid her bag on the shelf. Miss Ellen and I were chit-chatting like normal the gave Ellie a kiss and told I loved her. When I went to leave I got to the door and waved to her and said bye-bye. She looked at me and started sucking her lip and waved bye-bye back to me for the first time and followed me with her yes all the way to the door. She looked so sad. But I was proud of myself, I held back my tears until I got through the front door. Ellie has waved bye-bye all week and I am so proud of her newest "trick"!

1 comment:

drlysse said...

Awhhhhhh, Grandma is so proud!!! Is she really walking by herself!!!?? I can't wait to get m hands on her!!!!!