Sunday, June 24, 2007

First Weekend of the Summer... Fun and Hot!!
Surprise, surprise... Ellie and I had a busy and fun weekend!! With temperatures in the high 80's - low 90's we tried to make the best of it... I mean, it wat the first real weekend of the summer!!Friday night Grandma Deb, Grandpa Jer, Ellie and I went to the Shops at Friendly for and outdoor big band concert after grabbing sandwiches for dinner.
To top the night evening off perfectly we all had an ice cream cone from Ben and Jerry's. Yummy!!!
Ellie really enjoyed the bubble machine they have set up off to the side for all of the kids. Ice cream and bubbles, does a Friday night get any better? Yes it does, she stayed up until almost eight o'clock that night!!
What a beautiful little girl if I do say so myself (of course I am a little biased!).
Someone looks like they are about to get into something... sometimes I wonder what is really going on in that little head of hers.
All dressed up and no place to go. Way to go little diva, start getting usedd to thos high heels now, it will make it tons easier later!
Monkey see, monkey do... She watched me tweesing my brows one evening and had to try it herself, of course all she really ended up doing is holding the mirror and poking herself in the eye, but she never complained. Well, when I was done trimming her nails she decided that she neede to do it all on her own, such a big girl!
Sunday afternoon after her nap Grandma Deb, Ellie, and I went to Panera for lunch and then to the Piedmont Natural Science Center's outdoor zoo that just recently opened up. We saw monkeys lounging in th esummer heat,
A very pretty tiger that even put on a little show for us,
Alpacas in the farm exhibi and they did a little potty show for us (lucky us!),
A bunch of friendly goats (Ellie was not afraid of them at all!),
A half a dozen wooly sheep (they were very soft and even said "Baah!")
Donkeys that smelled out hands,
And merkats rolling around playing in the dirt. Ellie got to crawl into a "cave" to see them.
Here is my little bug looking like a bug! Our weekend was all of this and more but we did have a great time, we had so much fun that Ellie went to bed early tonight and hopefully I will be able to follow her lead... we will see!!

1 comment:

drlysse said...

Great job on the blog MB!!! I love reliving special week-ends!!!